This tour combines important and beautiful regions of Romania with some interesting and full of history sites of its neighbor Bulgaria.
In Romania you have the opportunity to see: the astonishing Transylvania with its castles and fortresses surrounded by myth and legend such as one of the famous Dracula, medieval cities like Sighisoara, calm and wonderful Brasov, reminders of Communism like the Palace of Parliament in Bucharest. In Bulgaria you will visit the important cities and most beautiful attractions as Veliko Tarnovo, Plovdiv, Sofia, Kazanlak.
The tour will start from Bucharest, the capital of Romania and will end in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria.
Romania Highlights of the tour:
- The three most famous medieval Saxon towns from Transylvania:
- Sibiu (“the town that sees and hears everything” – you’ll find out why!),
- Sighisoara (the best preserved medieval citadel in SE Europe, UNESCO site and also the birthplace of Dracula)
- Brasov, the pearl of the medieval towns in Romania;
- Best castles as Bran – Dracula’s Castle, and Peles Castle – the most beautiful palace in Europe – a masterpiece of his time.
- Painted Monasteries in Bukovina Region.
- Alba Iulia and Huniazilor Castle.
- Red Lake and Bicaz Gorges.
- Transfagarasan Road – named the world's best road by Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson, the most fascinating road in Transylvania, due to its landscape, that it's the highest road in Transylvania (2042m), but also due to its interesting story!
- Bucharest – the capital!
Bulgaria Highlights of the tour:
- Veliko Tarnovo, often referred to as the "City of the Tsars"
- Sofia, the capital city.
- Plovdiv, the oldest city in Europe and sixth oldest in the world, with a history dating back more than 6.000 years.
- Rila Monastery, the oldest in the Slav world and still the largest active religious center in Bulgaria